Please Support Canal Shores
Please Consider Donating In One Of These Ways
- ONLINE. By using credit card or PayPal. Click here. Consider making a recurring donation.
- BY TEXT. Text canalshores to 844-544-7171 and follow the instructions to donate. It’s simple!
- BY CHECK. Please make your check payable to Evanston Wilmette Golf Course Association and mail to:
- Canal Shores Golf Course
1030 Central Street
Evanston, IL 60201
- Canal Shores Golf Course
- Request that your donation be matched by YOUR EMPLOYER’S MATCHING CONTRIBUTION PROGRAM. EWGCA’s federal tax ID number is 36-2016649. Contact the Business Manager (info@CanalShores.org or 847 475 9173) if you need help completing a request to your employer.
- Make a QUALIFIED CHARITABLE DISTRIBUTION from your IRA, if you are age 70½ or older. CLICK HERE FOR INSTRUCTIONS.
- DONATE MARKETABLE SECURITIES (e.g., stocks and bonds). CLICK HERE FOR INSTRUCTIONS.
- CASH donations may be made in person at the Canal Shores Pro Shop or business office (both at 1030 Central Street, Evanston, IL 60201)
For nearly 100 years, the land that winds through the Evanston and Wilmette communities along both sides of the North Shore Channel has been a setting for golf. Canal Shores is known as a welcoming venue, a fun and challenging golf facility, and a habitat for native species and wildlife.
The Canal Shores Golf Course is managed by the Evanston Wilmette Golf Course Association (EWGCA), a volunteer organization composed of golfers, neighbors, and community members dedicated to preserving and improving this unique and special green space. The course receives no public funds or taxpayer money and depends heavily on golf revenues and donations, along with the sweat equity of committed volunteers. EWGCA is a 501(c)(3) not-for- profit organization and donations to it are charitable contributions under the IRS code.
The Board of Directors is dedicated to the tradition of making Canal Shores an integral part of the Evanston and Wilmette communities. Our guiding principles are to ensure economic and environmental sustainability for the course; to provide golf and golf instruction to a wide range of participants; and to connect individuals, families and the community-at- large to the outdoors and nature through multi-use recreational facilities.
The Board is looking at new options for meaningful participation by community members in the Evanston Wilmette Golf Course Association. We hope you will support our efforts and join the conversation. Visit the course. Purchase a season pass. Bring your friends. Try us out. Let us know what you think and what we can do to make the course better. Please make a donation to assure that Canal Shores thrives, and survives. Thank you.