A Message From The President
One hundred years ago, Canal Shores started its journey along the banks of the North Shore Channel in Evanston and Wilmette. In the most recent leg of that journey, Canal Shores has become a unique combination of golf, ecology and community. Canal Shores needs your help to continue its journey into its next century.
From being the subject of a Wall Street Journal story for its innovative approach for making golf more popular to winning awards and certifications for its ecological stewardship, Canal Shores is becoming the success story that makes all of us proud. But our story still has important chapters to be written. We need your financial support, volunteer time, and enthusiasm for our events to sustain our success.
Help Fund Canal Shores
To fulfill its mission of being a community resource, providing affordable golf, and maintaining 82-acres of green space, Canal Shores needs your financial contributions. Without donations, Canal Shores cannot operate. Despite its responsibility for taking care of public land, Canal Shores receives no tax money. Because Canal Shores is a non-profit with 501(c)(3) status, your contributions are tax deductible. To make a donation, please visit https://canalshores.org/donate/.
Volunteer at Canal Shores
Canal Shores heavily relies on volunteers to make progress towards its goals. No matter which skill sets you have, we can put them to good use. Canal Shores is leanly staffed and needs time and effort from volunteers for events and committees. To volunteer, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With your funding and volunteerism, Canal Shores can continue to serve the local communities in numerous ways, including the following:
- Hosting a dynamic youth golf program that annually attracts over 500 youth and teaches golf along with important values such as sportsmanship and dedication.
- Fully implementing Canal Shores’ Ecological Master Plan, including the removal of invasive species, development of pocket parks, and sustaining natural habitats.
- Maintaining our grounds for the benefit of joggers, cross-country teams, dog walkers, birders, cross-country skiers, and numerous other community members.
- Offering greens fees lower than other courses, so families and golfers of all skill levels can golf at affordable rates.
- Offering five and ten-hole golf loops to accommodate golfers with limited time.
- Hosting music concerts produced by Evanston’s SPACE.
- Hosting charitable golf outings to raise funds for important causes.
- Continuing to improve the quality of our tees, fairways and greens.
As Canal Shores celebrates its 100th anniversary in 2019, we look towards a bright future with your support. To learn more about Canal Shores, please visit www.canalshores.org.
President, Canal Shores